If you want to get bigger hams, glutes, and quads then you can’t skip leg day. If this is an area of weakness, there are plenty of ways that you can strengthen your legs. These workouts have been broken down depending on the goal you want to achieve.
Every few weeks, you can shift your focus, so you’ll be able to work on a different aspect and continue to build leg strength. So, if you are ready to take the pain required to make the gains, here are some of the best leg workouts you can try.
Beginner’s Leg Workout
Many of these leg workouts for men will assume that you have already built some muscle and are familiar with the squatting process. However, if you are a beginner, there are a few basic exercises that you can try.
When you are doing this workout routine, you don’t want to start with heavy weights. At this point, you should be focusing on making sure that you have the right form, rather than trying to take each set to muscle failure. This is a good workout for those who aren’t used to leg day:
- Goblet squat. Aim for four sets, each with 12 reps.
- Leg press. Try for three sets, each with 12 reps.
- Leg extension. You should have three sets, each with ten reps
- Seated leg curl. Perform three sets, with ten reps.
- Standing curl raises. Aim for three sets of 15 reps.
Gaining Muscle Mass
There are a few things you have to keep in mind when trying to build muscle mass in the gym. First, it’s important to kick off each workout using the heaviest possible weights. From there, you’ll need to keep training until the point of muscle failure. You’ll also need to make sure that you are hitting the legs from all angles. This can be done by slightly changing the way you are placing your feet on the machines.
Remember to start with a heavier weight and lighten it slightly with each set. This allows you to get in more sets, with more muscle failure.
With these elements in mind, here is a workout that those looking to gain muscle mass in their legs can use:
- Barbell squats. You should aim to do four sets. Do eight reps in the first two sets and ten reps in the final two.
- Leg presses. Again, you’ll need to do four sets. The first two should have ten reps, the last two will need 12 reps. Try to alternate between at least two foot positions.
- Dumbbell walking lunge. Aim for three sets, with ten steps each.
- Leg extensions. Do three sets, with ten reps in each.
- Romanian deadlift. Do three sets, with ten reps in each.
- Calf extensions. Do four sets. In the first two do 12 reps in the last two do 20 reps.
Improving Leg Definition
At other times, you’ll want leaner legs. This will make it easier to show off your muscle definition. It’s often best if you approach this with a fat burner. At Crazymass, we have a range of products to help you lose weight. For these workouts, you don’t want to reach muscle failure too early. Get a weight that will allow you to reach muscle failure by the end of the set. You can also help boost your cardio performance by trying to keep the rest periods fairly short, so your heartbeat stays elevated.
Here is a sample workout you can use if you want to see more leg definition:
- Back squat. You’ll need to do four sets, of ten reps each.
- Leg press and goblin squat. This should be done as part of a superset. Do three sets of ten reps each.
- Barbell reverse lunge and leg extensions. This should be performed as part of a superset. Do three sets. Aim for 12 reps of the barbell reverse lunge and 15 reps of leg extensions.
- Lying leg curls and weighted donkey calf raises. This is the final superset. You will need four sets, each containing 12 reps.
Focusing on the Quads
If you want to get a workout that will target the quads, this one is right for you. If you prefer, you can also add some exercises like the barbell reverse lunge or the cable hip extension to work on your glutes.
When you are doing this, you’ll need to make sure that you are lightening the load with each set. This will allow you to do more sets, so you can achieve muscle failure by the end of the target rep. Here’s what this workout looks like:
- Barbell front squat. You’ll need to have four sets. For the first two, you should aim for eight reps. In the third set, reach ten reps. By the fourth set, you should be getting 12 reps.
- Hack squat. Start with a lighter weight, standing with your feet shoulder-width apart. Do this for three sets of eight reps. Then, add a heavy weight and aim for six reps, you only need to descend about halfway.
- Leg extensions. Perform three sets of 10 reps.
- Leg presses. Aim for three sets. The first should be eight reps, the second should be ten reps, finish with a set of 12 reps.
Focusing on the Hamstrings
After spending a few weeks targeting the quads and glutes, it’s time to switch your attention to the hamstrings. This is key in preventing an injury to your knees and hips. In this workout, it’s important to make sure that you are developing good form. You don’t want to be putting too much pressure on your back when doing deadlifts. This can round your spine.
Once again, you should try to lighten the load after the first few sets, so you can better hit muscle failure. Here’s this simple workout for you to try:
- Romanian deadlift. You’ll need to do four sets. The first two should be eight reps. The third should be ten reps, while the last set should be 12 reps.
- Standing leg curl. Aim for three sets of 12 sets. This can be replaced by the lying leg curl.
- Glute ham raise. Do three sets, taking each one to muscle failure. This can be done as the first exercise if it is too difficult to complete it last.
Supplements for Building Muscle Faster
These leg workouts for men will put you through your places, so you’ll be feeling the burn long after leg day is over. But if you want to see results faster, you can use a supplement. At Crazymass, we have a few supplements that are designed to allow you to get faster gains. These are:
- D-Anaoxn. This is a safe and legal alternative to Dianabol. It will boost your strength and stamina, without increasing water retention. It promotes blood flow during exercise, so you should see a clear increase in lean muscle. Some of the ingredients from this all-natural supplement include; Calcium, Inosine L-Isoleucine, and L-Valine Colostrum.
- This is a legal alternative to Testosterone. This is one of the most popular supplements for bodybuilders, famed for getting excellent results fast. Not only will you get more muscle mass, but many men also report more energy and improved sexual performance. Our all-natural supplement contains the following ingredients; Calcium (from dibasic calcium phosphate), Vitamin E (dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate), DHEA, Alpha Lipoic Acid, and Acetyl-L-Carnitine.
- T-Bal 75 Elite Series. Finally, if you are looking for a legal alternative to Trenbolone, T-Bal 75 is the solution you need. It provides a boost to stamina, so you can go harder in the gym and build lean muscle faster. This supplement works by increasing nitrogen retention and boosting the amount of free testosterone. The ingredients in this all-natural supplement are; Nettle, Daucosterol, Colostrum, Pepsin, Sitosterols, Vanadyl Sulfate, DHEA, Dicalcium phosphate, Microcrystalline cellulose, Stearic acid, Magnesium Stearate, and Styloid.
Skipping leg day is never a good idea. Though it can leave you feeling a little sore for a few days, you’ll soon be rewarded with strong quads, glutes, and hamstrings. So, head to the gym and try one of these leg workouts for men today.