If you want to get bigger hams, glutes, and quads then you can’t skip leg day. If this is an area of weakness, there are plenty of ways that you can strengthen your legs. These workouts have been broken down depending on the goal you want to achieve.
Every few weeks, you can shift your focus, so you’ll be able to work on a different aspect and continue to build leg strength. So, if you are ready to take the pain required to make the gains, here are some of the best leg workouts you can try.
Beginner’s Leg Workout
Many of these leg workouts for men will assume that you have already built some muscle and are familiar with the squatting process. However, if you are a beginner, there are a few basic exercises that you can try.
When you are doing this workout routine, you don’t want to start with heavy weights. At this point, you should be focusing on making sure that you have the right form, rather than trying to take each set to muscle failure. This is a good workout for those who aren’t used to leg day:
- Goblet squat. Aim for four sets, each with 12 reps.
- Leg press. Try for three sets, each with 12 reps.
- Leg extension. You should have three sets, each with ten reps
- Seated leg curl. Perform three sets, with ten reps.
- Standing curl raises. Aim for three sets of 15 reps.
Gaining Muscle Mass
There are a few things you have to keep in mind when trying to build muscle mass in the gym. First, it’s important to kick off each workout using the heaviest possible weights. From there, you’ll need to keep training until the point of muscle failure. You’ll also need to make sure that you are hitting the legs from all angles. This can be done by slightly changing the way you are placing your feet on the machines.
Remember to start with a heavier weight and lighten it slightly with each set. This allows you to get in more sets, with more muscle failure.
With these elements in mind, here is a workout that those looking to gain muscle mass in their legs can use:
- Barbell squats. You should aim to do four sets. Do eight reps in the first two sets and ten reps in the final two.
- Leg presses. Again, you’ll need to do four sets. The first two should have ten reps, the last two will need 12 reps. Try to alternate between at least two foot positions.
- Dumbbell walking lunge. Aim for three sets, with ten steps each.
- Leg extensions. Do three sets, with ten reps in each.
- Romanian deadlift. Do three sets, with ten reps in each.
- Calf extensions. Do four sets. In the first two do 12 reps in the last two do 20 reps.
Improving Leg Definition
At other times, you’ll want leaner legs. This will make it easier to show off your muscle definition. It’s often best if you approach this with a fat burner. At Crazymass, we have a range of products to help you lose weight and focus on building lean muscle. For these workouts, you don’t want to reach muscle failure too early. Get a weight that will allow you to reach muscle failure by the end of the set. You can also help boost your cardio performance by trying to keep the rest periods fairly short, so your heartbeat stays elevated.
Here is a sample workout you can use if you want to see more leg definition:
- Back squat. You’ll need to do four sets, of ten reps each.
- Leg press and goblin squat. This should be done as part of a superset. Do three sets of ten reps each.
- Barbell reverse lunge and leg extensions. This should be performed as part of a superset. Do three sets. Aim for 12 reps of the barbell reverse lunge and 15 reps of leg extensions.
- Lying leg curls and weighted donkey calf raises. This is the final superset. You will need four sets, each containing 12 reps.
Focusing on the Quads
If you want to get a workout that will target the quads, this one is right for you. If you prefer, you can also add some exercises like the barbell reverse lunge or the cable hip extension to work on your glutes.
When you are doing this, you’ll need to make sure that you are lightening the load with each set. This will allow you to do more sets, so you can achieve muscle failure by the end of the target rep. Here’s what this workout looks like:
- Barbell front squat. You’ll need to have four sets. For the first two, you should aim for eight reps. In the third set, reach ten reps. By the fourth set, you should be getting 12 reps.
- Hack squat. Start with a lighter weight, standing with your feet shoulder-width apart. Do this for three sets of eight reps. Then, add a heavy weight and aim for six reps, you only need to descend about halfway.
- Leg extensions. Perform three sets of 10 reps.
- Leg presses. Aim for three sets. The first should be eight reps, the second should be ten reps, finish with a set of 12 reps.
Focusing on the Hamstrings
After spending a few weeks targeting the quads and glutes, it’s time to switch your attention to the hamstrings. This is key in preventing an injury to your knees and hips. In this workout, it’s important to make sure that you are developing good form. You don’t want to be putting too much pressure on your back when doing deadlifts. This can round your spine.
Once again, you should try to lighten the load after the first few sets, so you can better hit muscle failure. Here’s this simple workout for you to try:
- Romanian deadlift. You’ll need to do four sets. The first two should be eight reps. The third should be ten reps, while the last set should be 12 reps.
- Standing leg curl. Aim for three sets of 12 sets. This can be replaced by the lying leg curl.
- Glute ham raise. Do three sets, taking each one to muscle failure. This can be done as the first exercise if it is too difficult to complete it last.
Supplements for Building Ultimate Muscle Definition
These leg workouts for men will put you through your places, so you’ll be feeling the burn long after leg day is over. But if you want to see results faster, you can use a supplement. At Crazymass, we have a few supplements that are designed to allow you to get faster gains. These are:
- D-Anaoxn. This is a safe and legal alternative to Dianabol. It will boost your strength and stamina, without increasing water retention. It promotes blood flow during exercise, so you should see a clear increase in lean muscle. Some of the ingredients from this all-natural supplement include; Calcium, Inosine L-Isoleucine, and L-Valine Colostrum.
- Testosteroxn. This is a legal alternative to Testosterone. This is one of the most popular supplements for bodybuilders, famed for getting excellent results fast. Not only will you get more muscle mass, but many men also report more energy and improved sexual performance. Our all-natural supplement contains the following ingredients; Calcium (from dibasic calcium phosphate), Vitamin E (dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate), DHEA, Alpha Lipoic Acid, and Acetyl-L-Carnitine.
- T-Bal 75 Elite Series. Finally, if you are looking for a legal alternative to Trenbolone, T-Bal 75 is the solution you need. It provides a boost to stamina, so you can go harder in the gym and build lean muscle faster. This supplement works by increasing nitrogen retention and boosting the amount of free testosterone. The ingredients in this all-natural supplement are; Nettle, Daucosterol, Colostrum, Pepsin, Sitosterols, Vanadyl Sulfate, DHEA, Dicalcium phosphate, Microcrystalline cellulose, Stearic acid, Magnesium Stearate, and Styloid.
If you’re trying to get some gains, you need to be certain that you are fueling your body in the right way. This means finding the best supplements available so that you can feed your muscles, recover and reach peak physical condition.
Below are some of the best tips and guidelines you need to know when purchasing bodybuilding supplements.
1. Look For Omega 3 Fatty Acids
You’ll want to take in plenty of omega 3 fatty acids when you’re lifting heavy. Omega 3’s are great because they improve blood flow, which helps you have more endurance and better recovery when you work out. This alone will help you put on lots of mass.
In addition to helping you build muscle mass, Omega 3 fatty acids are excellent for testosterone production, brain health, and heart health.
By getting these acids in high doses in the form of a supplement, you will amplify the results you’re getting from every workout.
2. Buy Supplements That Have Clean Ingredients
Without question, purchasing nothing but clean and organic ingredients is the best thing that you can do for yourself. Stick with brands that do a battery of laboratory tests with independent and impartial testers.
In today’s world of athletics, you’re seeing people get popped for performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs), only to later find out that it was the result of a legitimately contaminated supplement. You need to know everything that you are putting in your body, and this can only happen when working with a laboratory that only uses the cleanest ingredients while maintaining a clean processing plant.
3. Decide on What Type of Protein You Want
In bodybuilding, just about every recommendation you get for a supplement stack will center around protein.
It’s the holy grail for bodybuilders, due to its ability to fuel your body with oxygen and repair muscles and tissues. As such, most bodybuilders supplement their protein intake regularly in the form of a shake or smoothie.
These protein mixes are typically made of whey protein, which is dairy-based. Some people prefer soy protein or other options. You can get remarkable benefits from hemp protein if you are looking for supplements that are plant-based, clean, and effective.
The key is to research as much as you can about the food source that the protein is based from to see how it works with your body and whether you have any allergies or restrictions.
4. Flavor and Ease of Use are Important
Never underestimate the importance of something as seemingly trivial as taste. If a product tastes good and is made with real food with great flavor, no one will have to twist your arm to take it every day.
Ease of use is critical as well. Does it take a lot of prep, or do you mix it and drink it? Does the product require any kind of refrigeration or other storage?
Understanding these things will help you start trying out different products and brands to see which suit you.
5. Always Look For Supplements That Grow Muscles and Boost Testosterone
Your prerequisite for bodybuilding supplements should be to choose something that remarkably grows your muscles and boosts your testosterone levels.
Some of the main supplements you should check for on the label should include zinc, D-Aspartic Acid, Vitamin D and magnesium — all of which are useful in shoring up testosterone deficiencies.
6. Find Recovery Supplements
Quality recovery time is just as crucial to your bodybuilding goals than anything else. There’s a reason why high-level athletes today are striving to get 10 or more hours per sleep every night.
Aside from rest and de-stressing, there are plenty of supplements that’ll assist you in your recovery.
Some of the most effective supplements that you can use for recovery include creatine, L-Glutamine, nitric oxide, and Ashwagandha. When you take these on a complete rest day or an active recovery day, it’ll give your body what it needs to rest and recharge, so that your muscles and break down and build up effectively.
7. Use Supplements That Have Nutritional Value, Rather Than Filler
When you flip the bottle over and read the label, make sure you’re keying in on the actual nutritional value, and not just the protein content or arbitrary claims.
Look for products that are based with real food, and that have clear information related to calories and daily intake. You’ll want to choose the right types of carbs since they are crucial to both the energy needed for your workouts and the building of muscle.
It’s also important to get an accurate calorie county for your daily services since every bit helps when you’re trying to pack on mass.
Further, choose a product that will give you your recommended doses of vitamins and minerals, since this will help with everything from your energy levels and sleep quality to the way that your brain functions.
These are the tips you need to understand when it comes to shopping for bodybuilding supplements. You will get far more out of your workouts and your bodybuilding goals as a whole when you know what to look for in your supplements.
Whether you’re purchasing each supplement item by item or investing in some complex blends, use this checklist as your primer.
And of course, we’d be more than happy to steer you in the direction of some great supplements.
Touch base with us to shop for the best supplements and stacks on the market.
Skipping leg day is never a good idea. Though it can leave you feeling a little sore for a few days, you’ll soon be rewarded with strong quads, glutes, and hamstrings. So, head to the gym and try one of these leg workouts with a high quality supplement campaign. These are the tips you need to understand when it comes to shopping for bodybuilding supplements. You will get far more out of your workouts and your bodybuilding goals as a whole when you know what to look for in your supplements.
Whether you’re purchasing each supplement item by item or investing in some complex blends, use this checklist as your primer. Touch base with us to shop for the best supplements and stacks on the market.
Gary David is the founder and CEO of CrazyMass, one of the nation’s leading supplement companies. Before starting CrazyMass in 2006, Gary was a bodybuilder and personal trainer for several gyms throughout Northwest Michigan, helping clients meet their fitness goals. Gary happily worked in this profession for over 15 years. He saw that most weight gaining products to increase muscle were made with ingredients that were dangerous or of poor quality. He knew there was a safer and healthier way to do this, so he created a special blend of herbs, amino acids, and nutrients to help bodybuilders slim down and gain muscle.
Although Gary no longer participates in bodybuilding competitions, he continues to be involved in the community, helping others prep for shows and attending events where he can advertise CrazyMass products. When Gary isn’t working long hours, he likes to spend his time working out at the gym, boating on Lake Michigan, traveling the trails around Northern Michigan by four-wheeler, and spending time with his family. He also loves to take a yearly trip to Europe with his wife and children.