There are numerous drugs that bodybuilders use to boost their results in the gym. But S23 is often claimed to be one of the most effective. So, what is S23 and what are some of the benefits and risks of using it?
S23 is one of the strongest selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs). It will help users gain lean muscle while losing weight, making it a common part of the cutting cycle for bodybuilders. But it can lead to a range of side effects including smaller testicles, anger issues, hair loss, and testosterone shutdown.
There are a few factors to weigh up before you can decide if S23 is right for you. Keep reading to learn more about this drug and the effect it has on your body.
What Is S23?
S23 is a selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM). This means that it binds with the androgen receptors in your muscles and bones to mimic the effects of testosterone in the body. There are other androgen receptors throughout your body. These will be unaffected by the use of S23. As a result, this can allow you to avoid common problems that other types of steroids can create. For example, males using S23 typically won’t develop man-boobs.
This is why this drug is highly effective at helping bodybuilders build muscle. Interestingly, this chemical was originally developed by a pharmaceutical company called GTX. They were trying to investigate whether it would be an effective form of male contraceptive. However, tests on rats disproved this idea.
How Does S23 Compare With Other SARMs?
To give you a better idea of how effective S23 is, we can compare it with some of the other SARMs on the market. S23 is on par with Ligandrol in terms of the effects it has on muscle gain and how quickly it can help with fat loss. When compared to Ostarine, S23 will give more powerful binding, allowing users to produce bigger gains. But it will also be more dangerous, creating a bigger testosterone shutdown.
Generally, S23 is considered one of the strongest SARMs on the market. In fact, its effects are more closely comparable with anabolic steroids like Winstrol and Anavar. While it will produce a similar gain in lean muscle, it won’t be quite as intense and the side effects will be slightly milder.
What Are the Benefits Of Using S23?
Due to the powerful nature of this SARM, you will be able to get a range of strong benefits. Some of the highlights include:
- Gaining lean muscle mass. This SARM can override estrogen, allowing you to increase the amount of testosterone in your system. This makes it easier to gain muscle. S23 also allows users to retain their gains at the end of the cycle.
- More stamina. This drug will allow you to train for longer and perform more intense workout sessions.
- Makes losing weight easier. S23 has been shown to make it easier for people to burn fat and lose weight. This is why it is often incorporated into a cutting cycle. Furthermore, this drug can help you to produce the kind of hard muscular appearance that many bodybuilders seek.
- Limited water retention. One of the problems with using anabolic steroids is that they can cause water retention. This isn’t something that you need to worry about when you are using S23.
- Possible bone density increase. During animal testing, it was shown that S23 can increase the density of bones. This might be able to help people with osteoporosis and conditions that lead to weaker bones. But without human testing, it will be impossible to confirm this.
- Controlling male sperm production. During animal testing S23 caused rats to become infertile. This was reversed once they stopped taking the drug. It’s possible that a similar effect could happen to humans. This would allow S23 to act as a form of male contraceptive. Again, though, there isn’t any scientific testing on humans to verify this claim.
It should be noted that these benefits are based on what people report when taking S23 and the results of lab tests on rats. You might experience different symptoms when you start taking this drug.
What Are The Risks Of Using S23?
While there are plenty of benefits associated with taking S23, there are also some fairly significant downsides that you should be aware of. The biggest risks include:
- Risk of testosterone shutdown. S23 will cause your body to stop producing testosterone naturally. This can sometimes require the use of TRT during the cycle, to help combat the effects of low testosterone. The good news is that this is a temporary problem and should ease when you stop taking S23. Furthermore, you will need to do PCT afterward to help you boost your natural testosterone production.
- Smaller testicle size. This issue can lead to significant confidence issues, particularly among men. This is caused because S23 will suppress your body’s ability to produce testosterone. Thankfully, the size of your package should return to normal once you stop taking S23.
- Increased anger. Often, aggression is associated with steroid use. But SARMs have also been known to have an impact on your moods, though they will be milder than other types of drugs. Furthermore, it can lead to an increased risk of mental health conditions like depression and anxiety.
- Hair loss. While it’s rare, some people do report that using S23 has caused them to start balding.
- Urine will become darker. This is the mildest side effect. While it might be a little alarming, a darker color of your urine is nothing to be concerned about and everything should return to normal when you stop taking S23.
- Greater risk of medical problems. So far, there haven’t been many scientific investigations into the world of SARMs, as they are banned from human use. But there have been a few investigations. They found that regular use increased the risk of heart attacks and strokes. They can also cause damage to the liver.
Again, this is based on the types of symptoms that people report when they are taking S23. There aren’t many studies that detail how this drug will impact users. There also aren’t any long-term studies about its effect on humans. Because of this, there might be numerous potentially negative side effects that we don’t even know about yet.
At first glance, the effects of S23 might seem appealing. But when faced with this long list of risks, and the chance of even worse effects that we don’t yet know about, it just isn’t worth it.
What Is The Right Dosage For S23?
Hopefully, you now have a better idea of the pros and cons of taking S23. If you decide you want to proceed with this chemical, you will need to follow a strict dosage policy. This can help you minimize the side effects.
The problem is that since the drug isn’t recommended for human use, there are no official guidelines for dosing. Often, it will fall on the individual bodybuilder to decide how much they want to take. Because of this, some people report taking up to 50mg of the drug each day.
But these types of huge doses are an outlier. Instead, most bodybuilders will recommend taking 10mg a day. Though more experienced users can take up to 30mg. It should be noted that S23 has a relatively short half-life. It will only last for 12 hours. Often, you will reach a peak dose within just four hours. Because of this, you will need to split the dose in two, taking 5mg in the morning and 5mg in the afternoon.
In most cases, the cycle will last for around eight weeks. Though, you will start to feel the effects of S23 very quickly. Often, it takes just four weeks for it to kick in.
Stacking With S23
You can get good results by using S23 on its own. But some people might want to consider stacking, to help boost its effects. Often, S23 will be used as part of the cutting cycle. It can help you reduce your body fat percentage while helping you preserve your lean muscle.
If you want to take this approach, you will need to add S23 during the last eight weeks of your cutting cycle. Then, you will need to use 10mg per day, split into two doses.
PCT With S23
As we mentioned, S23 can block the production of natural testosterone. Because of this, you will need to undertake Post Cycle Therapy (PCT). If you don’t do this, you could be risking a complete shutdown in the natural production of testosterone. This is why you might experience withdrawal symptoms at the end of the cycle.
It’s recommended that you take a PCT drug like Clomid to help you restore your body to its natural testosterone levels. The PCT will need to last for eight weeks and you will need to start at the end of your S23 cycle.
Is S23 Legal?
As we mentioned, S23 has never gone through any type of human testing. But it can be purchased on the black market as a research chemical, often intended for animal experiments. As you have probably worked out, this is illegal. It can also pose severe risks to your health. Often, this type of drug is produced in dodgy labs, with no oversight from the FDA. This means that there is no way of knowing what chemicals are included in black market samples of S23.
Furthermore, if you are caught using S23, you face severe consequences. SARMs are included on the WADA prohibited list. This means that if you are caught using it you will be banned from athletic events. Depending on the rules, you could also have previous wins stripped from your record.
What Are Some Alternatives To S23?
The good news is that there are some legal alternatives you can explore if you don’t want to ruin your reputation or health by using S23. Crazy Mass has a range of options to help you with both bulking and cutting, these include:
- P-VAR Elite. This is a natural alternative to Anavar. It will allow you to burn through fat while preserving your lean muscle. It will also allow you to increase the density of your muscles.
- This is designed to increase the amount of nitric oxide your body is producing. This can help you increase your stamina and boost your strength.
- This is an alternative to Testosterone. As a result, you will be able to see impressive gains in your muscle mass and increase your energy levels. It can also help you burn through fat levels while allowing you to retain your lean muscle.
- T-Bal 75. This is a legal alternative to Trenbolone. This allows you to increase the amount of nitrogen you are retaining within your blood. This lets you increase lean muscle and build strength while burning fat.
- Bulking Stack. If you prefer, you can use a pack with some of the most popular bulking products, so you can put on muscle quickly and safely.
- Cutting Stack. When you are ready to lose some fat and make your gains stand out, you can use the cutting cycle pack.
It should be noted that all of these products are made from natural ingredients. So, you don’t need to worry about WADA or other sporting codes. They are also regulated. This ensures that you won’t need to place your health at risk and you don’t need to worry about any nasty side effects. Best of all, though, they are effective with dozens of happy customer reviews, and have been endorsed by some of the top bodybuilders in the UFE.
At first glance, it’s easy to be tempted to try S23. After all, who doesn’t want to build lean muscle mass, boost muscle density, and burn fat? But this drug also has some serious downsides, shutting down your body’s natural production of testosterone and shrinking testicle size. Plus, the long-term impacts haven’t been studied, so there is a chance that there are other nasty side effects to consider.
Because of this, S23 simply isn’t worth the risk. Instead, it’s best to turn to a legal alternative that is made from natural ingredients. This will deliver the same benefits as taking a SARM like S23, without the need to place your long-term health at risk.
Gary David is the founder and CEO of CrazyMass, one of the nation’s leading supplement companies. Before starting CrazyMass in 2006, Gary was a bodybuilder and personal trainer for several gyms throughout Northwest Michigan, helping clients meet their fitness goals. Gary happily worked in this profession for over 15 years. He saw that most weight gaining products to increase muscle were made with ingredients that were dangerous or of poor quality. He knew there was a safer and healthier way to do this, so he created a special blend of herbs, amino acids, and nutrients to help bodybuilders slim down and gain muscle.
Although Gary no longer participates in bodybuilding competitions, he continues to be involved in the community, helping others prep for shows and attending events where he can advertise CrazyMass products. When Gary isn’t working long hours, he likes to spend his time working out at the gym, boating on Lake Michigan, traveling the trails around Northern Michigan by four-wheeler, and spending time with his family. He also loves to take a yearly trip to Europe with his wife and children.